Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Parasailing in Wilmington!

The day we went parasailing turned out to be pretty nice. It was windy in the morning and early afternoon...leaving a possibility of unfavorable conditions for parasailing. But it turned out to be great. The sun was bright, sky clear, the wind slow, and water calm. Here is a ridge we all saw along the boat ride that was just gorgeous.
Joe wasn't ready for this....deep inside of me I'd love to be a professional photographer...you know...get those perfect in the moment pictures:) I thought it was at least a decent photo of father and son.
Here we are on the boat. Carrie thanks for giving me a smile. I know it was really tough for you that day (pregnancy can be a joy, but can sure make one sick!) Not to mention the rocking of the boat:)
Ahhhh, cute face. I asked him to take his sunglasses off so I could see more of his face. He gave a pretty good face.
There Joe is parasailing. He actually went one to two hundred feet high in the sky and further behind the boat. However, here is a picture right before he was dipped in the water! (The boat driver would "dip" people into the water up to their knees or waist upon request). Overall a very fun, but tiring day.

1 comment:

Kindt Family said...

No pics of YOU parasailing?? I think you have one on your sidebar, though, that's right... :) Yeah that was a terrible terrible day for me. I have no desire to ever attempt that again (I wouldn't get myself trapped in 2 1/2 hours of that again). Maybe some other location on a lake (NOT the ocean waves). I think that was THE "official" day that I decided I'd love living by the mountains MUCH more than by the ocean... I just can't enjoy the ocean, I get sick at everything, except sitting on the beach looking at it.