Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Update

Wisconsin must have gotten more snow in December in nearly 100 years. Snow covered our mailbox by at least an entire foot the 2.5 weeks of being home. Of the three Sundays I was in Oshkosh, church was cancelled twice, ironically not due to the amount of snow, but because of the extremely cold and icy road conditions. Mom made home beautiful with her nativities, the Christmas tree, wreaths around all the windows, and other decorations. Her cooking and baking was top notch as usual. Someday I'd like to be just like her.

There was plenty of time to participate in all the fun winter/family activities like sledding, carving a cave inside of a huge pile of snow, making snow angels, playing lots of Wii, board games, making caramels (sadly, my first try was not edible), making and decorating gingerbread houses, shopping, sewing, etc. The Kindt family is growing as well! We've got two more neices and nephews coming this month and in July! Yay! It is amazing to see these miracles...

2 comments:

Jodie said...

Wow, so fun! I miss you, Lisa! I'm glad you update your blog so I know what's going on in your life. :)

jenni said...

I love the pic in your heading :) Good memories. Some time soon I believe you're due for a trip out here to DC so Puka and her daughter, Sophie, Crystal, you and I can hang out ;) Just a thought. I am spoiled and get to see Crystal at least once a week. It's great. We sure love Lisa Kindt!