Thursday, November 6, 2008

Today's Blessing


It has been a long time since my last post. The reasons for this are several; business with work, social life, calling, and the increasing amount and variety of tasks that fill time. The major reason being...... I damaged my work's computer, which I am allowed to use for personal use. It was spilled water on my MacBook. It was just my glass of water on my desk at home. It would not stay on longer than 5 seconds, and I heard a lot of crackling when I tried to start the computer over and over and left the battery in (apparently that is exactly what you should not do) SCARY! After calling the Technology Department for my school district, the news was grim. I would be responsible for the damages. The worst case scenario would be paying for the purchase of a replacement computer, which is $1,200. Ouch! Well, today I got a call that my computer returned from the Apple location in Memphis, Tennesee. I brought my wallet and checkbook to pay for the damage I had caused when I arrived at the Technology Department. They brought it out and apparently they had to replace a battery connection piece, logic board, and something else that I had never heard of before. Then I looked at the bill...........$0.00.

WOW! They must have been in a forgiving mood that day, because policy states that in cases of abuse to computers (such as my liquid spill), employees are required to pay for repair costs.

I said a long prayer of thanks as I left the building. What a blessing it is to have the district or Apple absorb the cost (or maybe it was under a warranty still?) Either way, I am a happy woman!

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

Hurray, Lisa! That is amazing!
I am glad to hear it all turned our all right.

jenni said...

Wahoo Lis!I am so happy for you, and love that there's now evidence that you are alive. :)

Annalisa and Vance said...

Oh Jenni dear......good to hear from you too. I saw the coolest video the other day about motivation for teachers. I'll have to tell you about it sometime.love you!