Saturday, September 13, 2008

Lake Powell Weekend

Sabrina, Alison, Kelly, Lisa
My friends are so generous to me. Here we are on the back of the boat. It was a bit cloudy for part of our water day, but it was cool enough to not be miserable in the heat. Below is Sabrina, the pro at wakeboarding. Nice form!
Two weeks ago some friends and I went down to Lake Powell. It was such a fun weekend! We stayed in a houseboat, and then took the boat out to have fun during the day. What an adventure! Above is Sabrina. She really knew how to wakeboard.
We hiked up to this point on all sand, which was quite the exercise.

This was my first time up. It was fun, but I couldn't move much because I didn't get the "rotate your hips" idea down. You all should try it.
Trying to stay up!
So many of us are used to regular water skiing, where your hips are parallel with your shoulders. It is the opposite with wakeboarding where your hips are supposed to be perpendicular to the shoulders. I guess then you are supposed to be able to move around behind the boat, over the wakes, and left to right. Its just really hard to think about that when you are trying to stay up!!

Above are two of the other girls that I went to Lake Powell with, Allison and Kelly.

1 comment:

Kindt Family said...

Wow, Lisa, I'm impressed! You look like a total wakeboarding pro in this! What a fun trip I bet. I loooooooove Lake Powell! I hope I can go back someday, maybe on a family trip when we have money someday... I just think all the orange rocks are spectacular against all the blue water.