Thursday, July 24, 2008

Trip to the South-Atlanta

Mom and I took a trip a couple of weeks ago. We started out in Atlanta, went to Charlotte, SC, over to Wilmington, NC (where my brother, sister-in-law, nephew, and soon-to-be little one live), and then back south to Charleston, SC, and back to Atlanta. This trip was to see family, new things, and get a bit of the taste of the south. I learned many things, some of them being that the southerners are more friendly than people in my hometown, they really do say "Yes, Ma'am" all of the time, say "ya'll" often and with a straight face, and some really do live in trailers. It is also VERY green and there are lots of trees. I sense there is still some Confederate pride too. It was fun and I learned a lot! In the above picture is my Mom and I outside of the CNN building. We just finished our Studio Tour, which was so cool! I got to see the newsroom and some of the anchors as they were broadcasting. We also learned how that CNN station works, see Headline News, etc. So fun.
Atlanta was really clean and a great tourist town. We took a break in Centennial Park. Notice the Olympic Rings in the stone. Here are children just playing in the water fountains. We were surely the minority!
Mom and I also took a tour of the Coca Cola Museum. Coca Cola began in Atlanta so there is so much to learn there. It is worth the time and money.
This photo is actually out of order. In Charlotte, NC we stayed with our second cousins. Not all were pictured here but it was such a nice visit.
At the end of our tour and before the massive gift store, there were different kind of Coca Cola products available (as much as you wanted) from all the different regions of the world. My favorite was called Smart........a green apple soda. I would definitely be willing to go to Atlanta again just to see the other things there is to offer.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

I am so glad you had fun, Lisa! It looks like you did some pretty awesome things in the South. Also, I am so sorry about your platter incident- the guilt can be overwhelming. I recently broke my two favorite dishes- the ice cream bowls. Not at the same time, but within a week of each other. Solidarity, Sister!