Monday, April 21, 2008

A Trip to Southern Utah: The Canyonlands, The Arches, and Moab

This view is found within Arches National Park. The tall slabs of rock are fascinating.
Here is one of the arches inside of the Canyonlands. I was really scared and didn't want anyone to touch me! Behind us was a drop-off of probably 300 feet. Just don't look behind you!
We met two couples from Vancouver who gave us the idea of getting pictures of our shadows. I'm on the left, Ashley on the right. Meanwhile, Jenni is the one who is doing all the work!
At the end of the day, we tried to make dinner. We had beans and rice in our pot, but unfortunately our mini-stove broke and we had a half-cooked dinner. It was pretty chilly at this time, but this will definitely be a good memory.
In Canyonlands National Park, we biked to and from different trails in the park. Although this picture does not give the park its proper credit, we saw amazing views and rock formations.
Jenni and I found a little cove. We're loving vacation!
Ashley, Jenni, and I took a trip to Southern Utah. Behind us is one of the views in the Canyonlands National Park. It was amazing!

2 comments:

Ash said...

You are roommies w Shelly??? I went to Italy in 2002 w her on study abroad. She is the coooolest and I admire her. Will you please tell her hi from me? Love, Ashley Speirs

Jessica said...

You should have told me that you were going. I could've hooked you up man! That's the area where I'm from....Canyonlands is like my backyard!

How was the trip home to Wisconsin?

Wb asap!

Jess :D