Monday, August 10, 2009

We're married!

Vance and I have been married for a little over three weeks now. It has been great! Our apartment is mostly set and decorated (minus the 1-2 boxes in the corner we still need to unpack. The sealing was beautiful. There is so much to say about it, but I won't write much. His side of the family did most of the work for the dinner and reception the weekend we got married. It was sooooo lovely. I have to say that even though all the attention was a bit embarrassing, I enjoyed it too! I hope I can remember a lot of it....I need to write in my journal!

We went to San Diego and Los Angeles for our honeymoon. We went on a sunsest kayak tour in along the LaJolla beaches. We learned a lot about the area, saw Dr. Suess's home, kayaked through some caves, and some some sea lions. So cool! We went to the beach that day as well. It was fun playing in the waves and in the salty water. We ate at some VERY good restaurants as well. We spent another day at Sea World. It was amazing to sea how they can train these whales (yes, even Shamu was there), dolphins, sea lions, otters, etc. do to tricks and follow hand movements. Vance and I even got to spend quite a bit of time petting sting rays in the water. Their stinger-abilities were taken away, and they seemed to like being pet. They felt a bit slimy, but had tough, thick skin. We walked to San Diego's huge navy ships one night right on the bay. It was picturesque! We went to Los Angeles on our last day. I had been there before but we toured Manhattan Beach and spent some time at the beach there. I loved to see all the groups playing volleyball, walking past a guy who caught a leopard shark while fishing, petting different sea animals, listening to a drum group practice tropical-like music, and eating the best ice cream while we watched the sunset. I looooved it. Vance did a lot of good planning into the honeymoon. The honeymoon was a complete surprise - I had no idea what we were doing, or where we were going! I found out as we checked into the airport.

We then went to Wisconsin, spent some time with my family, and had a reception there. My mom did a GORGEOUS job. I love her style. I loved the arch, tables, centerpieces, the flowers, the pergola, the music, the amazing food (porkloins-2 flavors, assorted rolls, fruit galore, cake, bacon around bright green and yellow beans, and soooooo much more) YOU ARE INCREDIBLE MOM! It was perfect.

Being back has been good as well. We have been able to settle in the apartment, change lots of legal documents (mostly for me), work with different insurance companies with all the changes too. After a week of being in our apartment, we decided we desperately needed an AC unit (it at least will cool one bedroom). It has been nice, and I think I'm less cranky too:)

Being married has been great. I love being with Vance, my best friend, a lot. I love knowing that he'll be home when I get home, or at least soon after. I love not having to say goodnight at the doorstep. I love being a team and having us work on projects together. I admire him even more since we got married....boy, I caught a good one!!!!!

Sorry there are no pictures yet. They should come soon...

5 comments:

Luke and Kellie said...

Congrats! I'm sorry I missed your reception but I am glad it went well!

Meghan said...

Thank you for the update! I've been wondering how you are! I thought about you all day on your special day...I'm glad it went so well. I wish I could have been there. I'm glad things have settled down. I can't wait to see pictures! Please post when you get a chance! Also, are you still at Grovecrest this year? I'm sure you will be starting up work soon! I hope that goes well too!

Kindt Family said...

Yay, congratulations! Thanks for updating this! :) I'm definitely looking forward to seeing pics from your Cali trip! That's so sweet of him to plan so much for the two of you!

Annalisa and Vance said...

Meghan, thanks for your message! Wish I could have seen you too! No, I won't be at Grovecrest. Last fall I started at Geneva Elem in Orem..it is a lot closer. They have a special needs preschool, title 1 preschool, and I have Orem Headstart. In fact, I occasionally see YOUR name on testing documents for some of the kids I work with who are a bit older now. Funny, huh?!

Jillian said...

Congratulations! I'm happy to hear that you are happily married. It's so wonderful to be able to be with your best friend & sweetheart for eternity! Wishing you all the best of luck!