Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Twenty Three Days!

Twenty three days until school is out! May 29th is the last day of school. I wish I were one of those people that doesn't keep track. But, frankly, I'm just not... In twenty three days I will be free from all work responsibilities until mid-August!!! (except for the 10 or so summer days of summer work I signed up for). This will be my first summer with no major school or work obligations. It is hard to imagine so much time that will be open.

My parents came to Utah last week for my sister Kelsey's graduation. It was great to have them around. We went out to dinner at Tucano's and the Bombay House while they were here, and they had fun with graduation ceremonies, hiking, and shopping. I am so grateful they could both come!

Despite the fact that I've been feeling a bit under the weather yesterday and today, things are going well. Vance and I are planning fun things this summer like going to sand dunes, boating, southern Utah, hiking, family reunions, etc. I'm excited for it all.

Lastly, I'll have to post two of my latest sewing projects. First, is a baby blanket for little Jared (Kelsey and Ken's little boy coming soon). Also, I'm working on a quilt for a twin sized bed. It's going to be awesome!

3 comments:

Meghan said...

Yay! I am so excited for you Lisa! What a fun summer break you will have! That's one of the best parts about being a teacher, is that you get the summers off! Live it up! Plan spontaneous adventures and TRAVEL!

Also...I didn't know you were into sewing?!?! I want to see pictures of all your projects! That is so cool!

lck. said...

ha, found your blog : ) im moving back to utah TOMORROW! let's get together, yeah?

Annalisa and Vance said...

yes, definitely!