Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Lately

Recently I attended a Cinderella Ball. There was a fancy dinner, unforgettable entertainment, and a dance. It was so fun dressing up. I honestly believe that the way we dress can influence how we act and feel. So if I dress more nicely, I definitely am my better self. If I am in some Saturday garb, I feel and act a bit lazier. What do you think? Here is Vance and I.


Mary and I work together at the same elementary school. She's a second grade teacher. One of the best parts of my work day is lunch, because I get to sit by all my work friends and chat, and talk with adults! The buzz around school is all the budget cuts our district needs to make by the end of the year, and for next year as well. I never thought the downturn of the economy would affect me, but it has. School supplies, aid time, and possibly even salary increases will be cut.

2 comments:

Lillian said...

Yeah, i totally agree! My old biochem professor use to encourage us to dress up whenever we went to the testing center for one of his tests because he thought it would help us do better on them. You look beautiful in these pictures by the way!

Kindt Family said...

Very nice, Lisa! You've gotta e-mail me about this Vance situation! You guys look really happy together. Sorry to hear about school making all those cuts, that's a little scary. Are there any worries of your job not being secure?