Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sad Day

(Photo before the Tragedy) Sorry, there is no photo after the tragedy. It is too graphic:(


This morning I have been working on a pretty cool cake for my father's secretary. Today marks her 20th year at this office. I made so much effort into the display, the special poster for her, etc. Well as we were putting the things in the car getting ready to go to his office, I set the cake on the hood of my car. We went inside to gather my purse, the poster, serving spoon and knife. As soon as I walked back into the garage, I saw the cake and platter in slow motion fall off the car top down and shatter on the garage floor!!!!!!

I feel soooo guilty about the cake platter. It is gorgeous. My father bought it for my mom during their 20th wedding anniversary while in Dusseldorf, Germany. Boy, I should have been more careful and put in on a flat surface. I definitely know better!!!!!

Now all of us at one time or another have broken a glass plate, cup, etc.....tell me about your story!!!

1 comment:

Kindt Family said...

Oh, no! That's too bad! You'd better get on ebay and try to find an exact replica to replace it for your mom! I'll keep an eye out for you, too! Anyway, I don't have a glass shatter story, but I do have a cake splatter story. When I was about 8 I was visiting my aunt/cousins for a few days over the summer. My cool, probably about 20 year old cousin Debbie took me along down to Mayfair Mall, where she was picking up a cake for some special occasion. For whatever reason, she let me carry it through the mall... and, of course, the klutz I am, I stumbled and fell to the floor. On top of the cake. So, not only did I ruin the cake, but my cousin had to clean ME up, covered in cake and frosting all over my front, in public, an hour from home... how embarrassing! That's probably the experience where I decided I would never attempt to be a waitress.